Monday 26 May 2014

warming winter roots juice

Hello dear readers! Thank you for tuning in to read this week's blog post! I'm glad you could be here! If you live in Australia, like me, you'll know that by the end of this week the season will have changed and winter will have arrived. I love how the seasons change but winter can be tough on the vitamin D levels, the exercise motivation levels and the raw food consumption levels. All tend to be lower for me! But, I've got a plan. I'm taking a liquid vegan Vitamin D3 supplement, I've just bought the cutest mint green vintage bicycle from Reid Cycles and I'm being mindful of putting more warming foods into my body (and I don't just mean the good ole vegetable soup!). There are foods we can eat that even in their raw (uncooked) state are warming to the body. These warming foods are in season during wintertime - think hearty root vegetables and an array of spices… like those in my winter roots juice.

And if you've been wondering about my health coaching practice, I'll be starting up in August once I've finished my course at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. Please stay tuned for more details! 

winter roots juice


1 cup filtered water (blender use only)
1 large carrot
1 celery stalk
1/2 lemon, with or without peel
handful of greens (coriander, dandelion, parsley, spinach)
knob of ginger, with or without skin
slice of turmeric (optional), with or without skin







Wash all ingredients before passing through a juicer or using a high-powered blender to blend with a cup of water and then strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Pour into a 500ml glass bottle or BPA-free/stainless steel drink bottle and top up with filtered water. Then sip slowly through a straw. Be warm! Serves 1.





Quote for the Road…



No comments:

Post a Comment