Monday 12 May 2014

sugar-free green smoothie

Today, May 12th, is the International ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Awareness Day. ME/CFS is the chronic illness from which I am recovering my health and my life. Being healthy is a vehicle, not a destination, and your health will enable or disable you. That is why I am passionate about sharing what I've learnt so far on my journey to better health. My desire is for you to experience better health too. If you want to learn more about this misunderstood illness then check out this link. And then, check out my sugar-free green smoothie recipe below - perfect for anyone with fructose malabsorption or following a low-to-no-sugar diet for Candidiasis!


With my Mama Bear for an early Mother's Day lunch… 


…at the Earthly Pleasures Cafe in Belgrave, Melbourne

For those who are looking for healthy places to eat in Melbourne check out this little list of mine!

sugar-free green smoothie


2 of 330ml coconut water (~2 3/4 cups)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 large avocado (or 1 small avocado)
1 aloe vera leaf (optional)
1 Tbs hemp seeds
1 tsp spirulina powder
shake ground cinnamon
dash vanilla extract
liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
2 handfuls leafy greens (e.g. kale, spinach, swiss chard)

Add the ingredients into a high-powered blender in the order listed and blend until smooth and creamy, then chill. Serves 2.


Quote for the Road… 


No comments:

Post a Comment