Monday 5 May 2014

more favourite vegan recipes

Melbourne has been quite wintry this past week so out of my kitchen came pots of veggie soup. I drew upon some old recipes in my head and made my own versions of a creamy pumpkin soup with coconut milk and a vegetable minestrone soup with quinoa. I reckon soup will be a staple for me again this winter as it's an easy way to use the wilting vegetables, greens and herbs in the fridge, and it's a quick and satisfying dinner on a cold night, not to mention bursting with goodness! Of course I'm still eating a high raw vegan diet but in the colder months I do add more cooked food back into my meal plans along with lots of low-sugar smoothies, green vegetable juices, salads, fermented foods, sautéed vegetables and porridges made with a gluten-free grain-like seed, such as amaranth, buckwheat, millet or quinoa, as well as copious amounts of filtered water, herbal teas and kombucha.

Last month I shared some of my favourite vegan recipes with you. Today, I'm sharing more of my favourite vegan recipes to help you plan out nourishing meals for you and your family this winter… 

quinoa power porridge




raw vegetable curry with cauliflower rice


roasted pumpkin and carrot soup





I'll be making my favourite vegan recipes a regular blog post so if you have any recipe requests let me know in the comments section or connect with me on my Facebook or Instagram. Until next time, happy cooking my friends!

Quote for the Road…


No comments:

Post a Comment