Monday 28 April 2014

improve immunity with far-infrared saunas

As the weather cools down in Melbourne many are preparing for the winter season that is almost upon us with flu shots. Personally, I've never had a flu shot (this may be due to my dislike of needles!) and I've never had the flu as an adult. That's a flu-less decade with an incredibly dodgy immune system all the while battling a chronic illness. And I've not taken any synthetic medications in over two years! Instead, I've strengthened my immune system through a dual-focussed health plan of attack: eliminate toxins from my body and replenish good bacteria in my gut.

During my travels to Londontown last Christmas I decided to venture out and have my very first far-infrared sauna session in order to sweat out the toxins I was accumulating whilst travelling. Since being back in Melbourne I've been wanting to add these saunas to my self-care practices to improve both my energy and immunity. Fortunately for me there is a place just around the corner from me in the outer Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Aqua Beauty Bar, that have a far-infrared sauna and offer a package of ten treatments for a reduced price. Did I mention it's local?! (Anyone living in Melbourne knows you have to drive forever to get anywhere!)


Far-infrared saunas use far-infrared rays in order to help detoxify the body, unlike the traditional saunas that make you sweat with steam. Instead, the far-infrared wavelengths produce a warmth in the body from the inside out, which feels like warmth of the sun's rays, and improves the immune system in the same way that having a fever does. There are many health benefits of a far-infrared sauna including:
  • aids weight loss i.e. burns calories
  • cleansing and detoxification
  • deep relaxation
  • improves and strengthens immunity
  • improves skin tone, colour and texture
  • increases blood flow
  • reduces stress and fatigue
  • relieves pain and muscular tension 
  • speeds up injury recovery
  • strengthens cardiovascular system

A far-infrared sauna treatment will most likely provide relief in the short-term and assist healing in the long-term if you are recovering from injury or illness and looking at taking another step towards better health and wellbeing. If you are umming and aahing about whether to give it a go let me put it this way - they are much less invasive than a coffee enema! Happy sweating, my friends!


Twilight dinner at the Frankston beach with friends = food for the soul!

Quote for the Road… 



1 comment: