Monday 24 February 2014

raw vegan desserts: banana soft serve

After a blissful weekend at Bonnie Doon basking in the serenity with my beautiful family I'm feeling quite relaxed and refreshed! The fresh country air, the slow country pace and the friendly country folks are good for the soul. My thoughts are that regular breaks away is one of the keys to living a happy and healthy life. And it's all the better with people. Life always is!


Wearing my Mum's vintage hat to go out paddle boarding!


Enjoying my mid-morning coconut water

Anyway, I'm sharing one of my simple recipes with you today - all you need is 5 minutes, 5 ingredients and a high-powered blender or food processor. Seriously friends, it doesn't get any easier or tastier than this!

banana soft serve


2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1 Tbs raw almond butter (or any nut butter)
Handful of dried shredded coconut
Shake of ground cinnamon
Scattering of goji berries, to garnish

Place the bananas, almond butter, shredded coconut and cinnamon into a high-powered blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy - use a tamper to push the bananas into the blades of the blender (you may need to stop and stir the mixture once or twice). Pour into a bowl and serve with goji berries or any topping of your choice. Add frozen berries to the mix for a flavour twist. Serves 1.

Quote for the Road… 


I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror - 
The wide brown land for me!
- Dorothea MacKellar

Here is my view at Bonnie Doon looking out across Lake Eildon in Victoria, Australia. 

What's your favourite getaway place?

No comments:

Post a Comment