Wednesday 1 January 2014

dreaming in the new year

Happy New Year! Just thought I'd get on the new years bandwagon in the blogosphere. Can I share my two cents with you? Instead of making resolutions, I propose setting intentions. This has been something I've done in 2013 during my health coaching course. Intentions, unlike resolutions, are flexible and they change as we change. Intentions are the driving force behind goals and they guide us but don't restrict us. This means we don't have to be perfect!

An intention is an aim or purpose. An intention is something we set out to do though how we get there may change or develop over time. And how you use that time is important. That is why I plan the outworking of my intentions into my calendar, into how my days, weeks, months and years look. These are my daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals; here's the SMART way to effective goals.

I encourage you to start dreaming dreams for 2014. Write them down, plan them in, see them come to life!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:18-19, NIV). 


With my bro-in-law at the Science Museum & Natural History Museum


Health food booty from Greenlands at Greenwich


Christmas day family photos and delicious vegan food


Yes, I braved the Boxing day sales! 


Road trip to Cambridge where I found a lane named after me (minus two e's!)


Silliness with my twin sister and my Pukka tea obsession


Awesome last church service for 2013 at Hillsong London 


Fun day out at vegan restaurant Saf and walking through Hyde Park


Here's to greater things to come in 2014! X

No comments:

Post a Comment