Tuesday 14 January 2014

letters from londontown... part one

Hello friends! What an exciting start to the new year it's been! I am currently writing this from my cosy little bedroom in London knowing that all my peeps back in Melbourne will be sweltering this week from the crazy heatwave. What I would give for some vitamin D! In less than two weeks I'll be home again ready for summer but during the last two weeks I've been on an 8-day journey through Europe. In the cold of winter. With my frenemies bread and pasta. Blah. They kept me alive but they made me feel less than pleasant!

On the upside I've ticked travel destinations off my bucket list. First stop Paris, France. I climbed the Eiffel Tower, rode around the city seeing the sights on a bike tour (the tour guide was an Aussie!?!), found a perfumery with my sister from another mister (my tour buddy Tiff whose name is the same as my real life sister!), admired the Notre Dame and ate lots of pasta. With Switzerland came vegetables. Hallelujah! This fruit hoarder collector had more reasons to live again! My tour drove to the majestic Swiss Alps and we stayed in the beautifully picturesque Engelberg. Of course, I consumed copious amounts of dark Swiss chocolate (dairy-free) and spent a day skiing on Mount Titlis with my Topdeck buddies. Dream. Come. True.

Next stop, Italy. I stood in awe of Michelangelo's David in Florence and enjoyed a night on the quaint cobble-stoned town that may have seen me sing in a karaoke bar. In Rome, I made a wish at the Trevi Fountain and toured through the Vatican, Sistene Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum all in one big day. Rome may not have been built in a day but I pretty much toured it all in a day! Italy was of course interspersed with pasta but this time there was lots of fruit and vegetables too, which made me feel happier and healthier. My tour buddies and I even managed to stumble across a gelato place, Flor, that catered for food intolerances. And as they say, when in Rome...

What beautiful places, what beautiful people. If this is my start to the new year I can't wait to see how my 2014 unfolds. 

How's your dreaming coming along?

With love,
Brooke.


A view of the skyline at Millwall Dock and my new website


Ready for my 8-day journey through France, Switzerland & Italy


Exploring the city of lights, delightful Paris, on a bicycle!


The beautiful Engelberg in Switzerland with my tour buddies


Living the dream - skiing with swagger in the Swiss Alps!


The awe inspiring sights of Florence & Rome in Italy


Fun and food back in London after my Topdeck Tour

Quote for the Road...

"God is not your drill sergeant, He's your dance partner. Religion says march, grace invites you to dance." Rev. Raymond Bevan, Hillsong London.

No comments:

Post a Comment