Monday 17 March 2014

birthday wings & wishes

Thank you for tuning into my blog again! You'll have to forgive me as I'm a little bit scatterbrained at the moment because… it's my birthday tomorrow! I've been having a good ole time celebrating early pretty much for the last week. It started when I found out I'd won a kombucha home brew kit from a competition I entered. Just today I've started my first batch of kombucha as I did a happy dance in the kitchen. If you want to know more about the why and how of kombucha check out these articles here and here. I love kombucha for it's ability to help heal the gut, which in turn, heals the body. Amazing!


My mum tells me that I was born on a Tuesday and tomorrow is a Tuesday. I will be 28 years young. I've been blessed with dinners, presents and well-wishes. My parents gave me a beautiful Swarovski ring (last year my dad told me that Swarovski was for birthdays ending in zero - so, I figure I must be turning 20 again!) and are taking me to the Johnny Farnham concert tonight. I've wanted to see him in concert for a loooong time and my wish is finally coming true! I'm so excited I can't take the pressure down (you gotta know his songs to get that one folks)!


Raw vegan birthday dinner with my parents at Shokuiku 

Being born with a twin I've shared many birthdays. Since my twin moved to the other side of the world birthdays just haven't been the same. But this year is different. I am making the most of this birthday. I am stretching it out and revelling in it. I guess for many of us birthdays make us reflective. The turning of the clock is like a landmark for our lives. Am I where I thought I would be at this point in my life? No, I'm not. But I wouldn't change the way my life has unfolded. I've laid many dreams down over the years but now I realise they were just fantasies. As the years unfold I realise that the greatest riches in my life come from hard places and the passage of time. Waiting. This birthday I appreciate those things (and when I say things, I really mean people) more than ever. 




With birthdays come wishes. The deepest dreams and desires within my heart are now surfacing more and more and I am following my heart more and more. As a Christian I believe that God is a good Father and loves to bless His children just because He can. Just because He loves us. Before my birthday day He's blessed me with a pre-birthday week! But there are some things in life that I can't make happen even if it's a desire in my heart. There are some things that I must wait for. And wish for. And pray for. And so my dreams go up to God in prayer. And this year my birthday wish is that those dreams would grow wings and fly. 

Quote for the Road…



No comments:

Post a Comment